|This article/section is outdated.
This may contain traces of some old data and statistics and requires an urgent update. You can help the McLeodGaming Wiki by updating it.
- This article is about Zero Suit Samus's appearance in Super Smash Flash 2. For the character in other contexts, see Zero Suit Samus.
| Zero Suit Samus |
in Super Smash Flash 2
|Final Smash||Crystal Flash|
Zero Suit Samus is a playable veteran starter character in Super Smash Flash 2. She was first announced during the "Super Smash Flash 2 Demo v0.9b Trailer", and appeared at the McLeodGaming's booth at APEX 2014 alongside Marth and Chibi-Robo. Her sprite design is based on her appearance in Metroid: Zero Mission; her moveset and voice clips are taken directly from Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Zero Suit Samus is currently ranked 34th on the tier list, a noticeable drop from her 28th place spot on the previous tier list. Zero Suit has disjointed range in her attacks, amazing mobility, good zoning ability and finishers in her forward smash, up aerial, back aerial and neutral aerial. Samus has a good long distance recovery due to her high air speed, good vertical mobility, she can use Flip Jump multiple times has a large ledge sweet spot thanks to her aerials. Her disjointed attacks allow for her to wall out her enemies and keep them at bay.
However, Zero Suit has below average weight which allows her to be KO'ed horizontally earlier. She has problems KO'ing due to her finishers, outside of back aerial, need to being close to the blast line to kill or her opponents need to be at very high percentages. Her recovery, although covers a lot of distance, can be easily ledge hogged if timed right. Due to her height and being an average faller, makes her easy to hit.
However, even though Samus has a high placement on the tier list, she has a low player base and small representation in online tournaments. She gets high placements in tournaments due to Kyoz playing her and taking top spots with her.
Zero Suit Samus is a fast, strong fighter. Zero Suit has great mobility overall, with having amazing ground mobility, great air speed and amazing vertical mobility, which aids her air game. She has disjointed reach in some of her attacks, that is very useful in walling out her opponents. She has finishers in her forward smash, back aerial, neutral aerial(when close to the horizontal blast zone) and up aerial(when close to the upper blast zone).
Zero Suit Samus has multiple options to recover, possessing great air speed and being able to use Flip Jump multiple times. She has among the largest ledge sweet spots in the game due to her specials, Plasma Whip and Plasma Wire, focusing on grabbing the ledge.
She has strong tools for starting combos in her down smash and Paralyzer which stuns her opponents long enough to get follow ups.
Zero Suit Samus has a strong grab & throw game, possessing the 4th longest grab and throws that allow for decent follow ups. Her forward throw can re grab certain characters if they don't D.I. out or set up teach chasing. Up throw can set up some aerial combos, being usually followed up by up air. Down throw can also set up some aerial combos, but Samus has to chase after her opponent more.
However, Zero Suit Samus is prone to getting KO'ed early due to her below average weight. Despite having below average weight, she is susceptible to combos due to her being tall and possessing average accelerated falling speed. However, unlike other average fallers, she can escape combos more easily.
Another problem she has is in her recovery, due to it relying on the ledge means she can be edge hogged if the opponent knows how long to stay on the ledge. However, she is still one of the hardest characters in the game to edge guard. Flip Jump, if an input is executed too fast, will result in Samus sticking her foot out and not being to use any other move until the attack is finished which can leave her to far away to recover.
She also tools to deal with projectiles. Her disjointed range is only available in certain attacks, which it also does not give off long range with the exception of a few attacks, such as forward smash.
- Standard attack: Palm strike. 2%
- Standard attack 2: Pistol whip. 2%
- Standard attack 3: Hip thrust. 2%
- Down tilt: A prone leg sweep. 6%
- Down smash: Aims down and shoots her paralyzer at the ground in front of her. Uncharged 11%, fully charged 16%.
- Side tilt: Around the body-kick. 8%
- Forward smash: Lashes forward with the whip. Uncharged 10%, fully charged 14%.
- Up tilt: Does a handstand split while spinning in place. First hit deals 5% while second hit does 6%.
- Up smash: Spins in place, extending the Plasma Whip above her head in a swirl. If all hits connect uncharged 13%, fully charged 19%.
- Dash attack: A sliding kick forward with her leg extended. 9%
- Neutral aerial: Spins the Plasma Whip around herself. 7%
- Forward aerial: Two forward kicks. First hit does 7% and second hit does 11%
- Back aerial: Backward kick. 13%
- Up aerial: Flip kicks both legs above her head. 10%
- Down aerial: A Stall-Then-Fall kick downwards. Can meteor smash. 5%
- Grab: Reaches forward with Plasma Whip.
- Pummel: Knees the opponent. 1%.
- Forward throw: Hits opponent forward with gun. 9%
- Back throw: Kicks opponent. 8%
- Up throw: Flips into the air and kicks the opponent. 2%
- Down throw: Slams opponent on ground and then axe kicks them. 5%
- Ledge attack: Gets up and hits her opponent with her pistol. 7%
- 100% ledge attack:
- Floor attack: Does a break dance kick. 8%
|Zero Suit Samus's special moves|
|Standard special move||Paralyzer|
|Side special move||Plasma Whip|
|Up special move||Plasma Wire|
|Down special move||Flip Jump|
|Final Smash||Crystal Flash|
- Entrance: Comes out of her ship.
- Standard: Pulls out her whip and spins around while calmly saying, "You're mine."
- Side: Same as Standard.
- Down: Same as Standard.
- Fanfare: Remix of Item Get fanfare from Super Metroid.
- Wins: Stretches her leg and says, "Is that all?"
- Loses: Claps for the opponent.
In competitive play
Tier placement history
On the first tier list for v0.9b, Zero Suit was place 2nd of S tier on the tier list, showing that she was a strong character. For the second tier list of v0.9b, she remained 2nd of S tier, showing that she was still a strong character throughout most of v0.9b's run. However, on the third and last tier list, Zero Suit dropped down to 4th of A+ tier.
- Zero Suit Samus along with Sonic, Marth, Black Mage and Mega Man are the only characters so far who wear their default costumes in team battle when they are on the blue team.
- Zero Suit Samus, along with Mega Man, Jigglypuff and Yoshi are the only characters so far who do not go into a helpless state under normal circumstances.
- Zero Suit Samus was a medium-light character in the main Super Smash Bros. games, but became a heavy character in the first few patches of 0.9b before being corrected in a subsequent patch.