Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the demo of the original SSF2. For demo of the original SSF, see Super Smash Flash Demo.
In order to test everything coded within the game before the final release, Gregory McLeod releases to the public, after a certain period of time, the Super Smash Flash 2 Demo, a playable beta version of Super Smash Flash 2. New versions of the demo usually include several new features, new characters or stages, and many bug fixes. The current version of the demo is 0.9b, and its current revision is 0.9.1.1982.
There is a test demo for exclusive use by SSF2 devs and SSF2 balancers called the developer demo, or devmo for short. Its main function is to test new content before its public release (and thus preventing bugs from being in the release). Because of its exclusivity, Devs usually enjoy mocking non-devs in the McLeodGaming Forums by showing them screenshots from the devmo, as well spoiling them.
List of demos released
|0.1a||December 25, 2007||Windows|
|0.1b||February 16, 2008||N/A||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.2a||April 2, 2008||N/A||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.2b||June 27, 2008||N/A||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.3a||August 15, 2008||N/A||Windows|
|0.3b||October 18, 2008||N/A||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.3c||November 20, 2008||N/A||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.4a||January 1, 2009||Windows|
|0.4b||March 12, 2009||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.5a||June 10, 2009||N/A||Windows|
|0.5b||July 22, 2009||Windows|
|0.6||June 13, 2010||Windows|
|0.7||January 1, 2011||Windows|
|0.8a||December 26, 2011||Windows|
|0.8b||March 11, 2012||N/A||N/A||Windows|
|0.9a||January 14, 2013||N/A||Windows|
|0.9b||July 24, 2014||N/A||Windows|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Removed or replaced content in a following update
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Removed content altogether reintroduced in a following update, not counting patches.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Unlockable content in their respective version only, made starter in the following update.
- Although Super Smash Flash 2 has been in development since 2007, the developers feel that the game didn't truly enter development until 2010 with the release of v0.6.
- Demos v0.9a, v0.9b and Beta were first shown at Apex 2013, 2014 and 2015, respectively, making it the three consecutive years that SSF2 was showcased at Apex.
- Almost everything that was added to 0.9b were fan-suggested changes to the game, which made the game's popularity increase at a faster rate than before.
- Beta marks the longest gap between two major versions of the game thus far, with 26 months and counting since the release of 0.9b.
- Because of this, 2015 was the first year that didn't see a major release update since the game's conception in 2007.