Kirby using Inhale.
|Effect||Kirby inhales opponents into his mouth, allowing him either to spit them out or take their standard special move for himself.|
When performed, Kirby opens his mouth and inhales, sucking nearby opponents into his mouth. While an opponent is in Kirby's mouth, Kirby can walk around and jump with them for a short period of time before they escape automatically. Kirby can also spit them out as a star with the standard input, dealing 10% damage to the opponent. Most notably, he can swallow them with the down input or special input, dealing 6% damage to the opponent. By swallowing an opponent, he absorbs their standard special move as a "Copy Ability" and can use it himself as his standard special move instead. For each ability he has, he will gain a different hat allusive to the opponent he absorbed; obtaining Mario's cap, Mega Man's helmet, Lloyd's hair, etc. (see below for a complete compilation of revealed Kirby Hats). Once an opponent's special move is acquired, the player can use a taunt to discard it. Kirby's standard special will revert to Inhale if he is KO'ed, or damaged enough.
|Image||Character power acquired||Description|
|Bandana Dee||Kirby will be able to use Beam Whip / Wave Beam and will have Bandana Dee's bandana.|
|Black Mage||Kirby will be able to use Stop, and will have Black Mage's hat. His eyes will be yellow and part of his face will be black when he uses Stop.|
|Bomberman||Kirby will be able to generate a Bomb and will have Bomberman's antenna. However, since Bomb Detonate is needed to make the bombs explode, Kirby's bombs explode on contact.|
|Bowser||Kirby will be able to use Fire Breath and will have Bowser's hair and horns.|
|Captain Falcon||Kirby will be able to use Falcon Punch and will have Captain Falcon's Helmet.|
|Chibi-Robo||Kirby will be able to use Chibi-Blaster and will have a helmet of Chibi-Robo's head.|
|Donkey Kong||Kirby will be able to use and charge Giant Punch, and will have Donkey Kong's hair spike.|
|Falco||Kirby will be able to use Blaster and will have Falco's crest and beak.|
|Fox||Kirby will be able to use Blaster, and he will have Fox's ears.|
|Goku||Kirby will be able to charge and release the Kamehameha, and will have Goku's hair.|
|Ichigo||Kirby will be able to use Getsuga Tenshō using the Zanpakutō and will have Ichigo's hair.|
|Isaac||Kirby will be able to use Growth and will have Isaac's hair.|
|Jigglypuff||Kirby will be able to use Rollout and will have Jigglypuff's ears and a curled tuft of hair on his head.|
|Kirby||Kirby will not be able to copy an ability from another Kirby, unless that Kirby already has an ability from other character.|
|Lloyd||Kirby will be able to launch Demon Fang with the Flameberge (upon hitting the button). He will also have Lloyd's hair.|
|Link||Kirby will be able to use the Hero's Bow and will have Link's hat.|
|Luffy||Kirby will be able to use Gum-Gum Pistol and will have Luffy's hair.|
|Luigi||Kirby will be able to shoot floating Fireballs and will have Luigi's cap.|
|Mario||Kirby will be able to shoot bouncing Fireballs and will have Mario's cap.|
|Marth||Kirby will able to use Shield Breaker with a shorter version of the Falchion and will have Marth's hair.|
|Mega Man||Kirby will be able to charge and shoot the Mega Buster and he will have Mega Man's helmet. Kirby will always acquired the Mega Buster, regardless Mega Man was using a different weapon.|
|Meta Knight||Kirby will be able to use the Mach Tornado and will have Meta Knight's mask. However, unlike Meta Knight's mask, which has yellow eyes due to Meta Knight having white eyes, Kirby's mask has green eyes due to Kirby having blue eyes.|
|Mr. Game & Watch||Kirby will be able to use Chef and will have the Chef hat from the Game & Watch game, Chef.|
|Naruto||Kirby will be able to use Rasengan and Fūton: Rasenshuriken (when fully charged), and he will also have Naruto's hair and headband.|
|Ness||Kirby will be able to use PK Flash, and will have Ness' cap.|
|PAC-MAN||Kirby will be able to use Bonus Fruit and will have PAC-MAN's eyebrows and a pink recolor of his nose.|
|Peach||Kirby will be able to pull out Toad who will release spores if attacked, and will have Peach's crown.|
|Pikachu||Kirby will be able to use Thunder Jolt and will have a Pikachu hat with the ears and tail.|
|Pit||Kirby will be able to use Palutena's Bow and will have Pit's laurel crown and smaller versions of his wings.|
|Samus||Kirby will be able to shoot the Charge Shot and will wear Samus's space helmet.|
|Sandbag||Kirby will be able to use Capsule Spawn and will have a hat modeled after the top of Sandbag.|
|Sheik||Kirby will be able to use Needle Storm, and he will have Sheik's hair and bandages.|
|Sonic||Kirby will be able to use Homing Attack and will have a Sonic hat with the blue ears and quills.|
|Sora||Kirby will be able to use Strike Raid, he will also have Sora's hair and the Keyblade.|
|Tails||Kirby will be able to use Energy Ball Blaster, and will have a Tails hat with the ears and two tails.|
|Wario||Kirby will be able to use Chomp, and will also have Wario's cap.|
|Yoshi||Kirby will be able to use Egg Lay and will have a Yoshi hat showing the eyes and head.|
|Zelda||Kirby will be able to use Nayru's Love and will have Young Zelda's headdress.|
|Zero Suit Samus||Kirby will be able to use Paralyzer and will have Zero Suit Samus's Ponytail.|
Inhaling and spitting has been Kirby's trademark attack since Kirby's Dream Land, but it was not until Kirby's Adventure that he was able to swallow an enemy to copy their attack. Kirby Super Star introduced unique hats indicating different Copy Abilities. A single attack from an enemy or damage incurred from the environment was usually enough to make Kirby lose his Copy Ability, though later Kirby games feature entire health bars instead of health points, so it is possible for him to occasionally keep his Copy Ability even after being damaged. After Kirby loses it, it takes the form of a star bouncing around the screen. Kirby can inhale and swallow it to regain the ability before it disappears after it contacts a hazardous surface or enough time passes.
- Kirby does not have this ability in the original Super Smash Flash due to Cleod9's inability at the time, to properly code copy abilities. In compensation, he instead gave Kirby the ability to tag out with Meta Knight at any time.
- Prior to v0.3a of the demo, Kirby did not have a hat after he inhaled an opponent, plus he did not inhale the opponents at all; instead, he could inhale a small star from them.
- Kirby was also able to inhale and swallow Final Forms and use their powers; this was changed in order to prevent cheapness.
- For the rest of the newcomer fighters in Super Smash Flash 2, Kirby did not have his own voice such as "Demon Fang!", "Rasengan!", "Pistol!" etc.; however, he still used the official voice clips from the official Super Smash Bros. games.
- This special move has given the developers a lot of work to do due to needing to sprite the hats to represent what power Kirby possesses. To go along with this, if something were to change to a character's standard special move then the devs would have to work on Kirby's as well.
- Also, when Kirby has a hat and performs certain complex animations (especially ones that cause Kirby to spin, like his up smash and his aerial side special), his hat will temporarily disappear and an Ability Star will hover around him until that animation is finished.
- In previous versions of SSF2, when Kirby is using a palette swap, his hat will be the normal color. However, when he uses his copied move, his hat will change color. As of Beta, Kirby's hat would stay the same color while using an attack.
- When copying Donkey Kong, Samus, or Mr. Game & Watch, Kirby's copy ability looks different than his appearance in official Smash Bros games due to the limitations of the engine not being able to accurately represent the originals, which covered his entire body.
- When copying the Fighting Silhouette Team, Kirby will still gain the ability of the character the silhouette is mimicking despite the silhouettes not being able to use the special move copied themselves. This is unique among the Enemy Teams, whereas with all of the official ones, attempting to copy them would simply fail.
|Standard special move||Inhale|
|Side special move||Hammer|
|Up special move||Final Cutter|
|Down special move||Stone|
|Final Smash||Cook Kirby|