|Green Hill Zone|
|Appearance||Super Smash Flash 2|
Green Hill Zone is a starter stage in Super Smash Flash 2 that comes from the first game in the Sonic franchise, Sonic the Hedgehog. It is a sprite rendition of the same stage from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, though it appeared in SSF2 before the latter game.
The stage consists of a large curved foreground with all of the hazards seen in Brawl. This includes the lamppost, which can be attacked to make it spin so it can damage any opponents that pass near it. The center of the stage will crumble if it's attacked. In the background is a giant shuttle loop with a 1-Up video monitor above it. The background also consists of various other parts of the Green Hill Zone. Like in Brawl, a character will appear in the background, running through the loop, but, instead of being Silver the Hedgehog (the Brawl character), it is Cream the Rabbit, and Silver has been made an Assist Trophy character
- The main music track is the self-titled Green Hill Zone theme from the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
- The alternate music track is a remix of Live and Learn from Sonic Adventure 2, with a small part of Sonic Boom from Sonic CD.
This stage is banned in tournament play. It is very small and has walk-off edges, raised sides, extreme slopes, and no lower boundary. It does not take a genius to see why this stage is not legal.
Green Hill Zone is the first zone (stage) in Sonic the Hedgehog. The shuttle loop in the background is a famous part of the Sonic series, so much that it has become a recurrent element in subsequent games in the series. The stage is also very similar to its appearance in Sonic Adventure 2, with its 3D appearance. The lamppost acts as a checkpoint mark and it could be activated by merely touching it, also, it was never intended to be hazardous unlike how they behave in the stage: one character has to attack it in order to activate and becomes an damaging trap for passing opponents. There are prominent protruding cliffhangers that if someone is to jump out of one of them, the cliffhanger would crumble down. This is similar on how the center of the stage can crumble down. On top of the loop there is an item box that represents an extra life in the Sonic series.
- Silver the Hedgehog was originally planned to run across the loop, as seen through some old DOJO!!! screenshots, but he was made an Assist Trophy character instead, as aforementioned.
- This was one of the hardest stages to code because the devs had to redo the entire collision system to make sure the slopes worked right. Cleod9 personally over saw this issue.
- The early design looked more reminiscent to the original Sonic the Hedgehog as it carried actual sprites from that game.
- This stage has the same titled tracks in SSF2 exactly as they are on its Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS reappearance, the only difference is that SSF2's tracks are a remixes as opposed to the original compositions.