| This article/section contains information of a feature confirmed for a version that is currently not available. |
This means the subject is not present in the current version of the game bound to appear, but meant for a future update. Any related data on this feature is subject to change.
- This article is about overall stage that transforms. For the main stage form, see Starship Mario.
|Appearance||Super Smash Flash 2|
Galaxy Tours is a stage in Super Smash Flash 2 that functions as a compilation of various sub-stages from the games Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Similarly to Skyward Voyage but furthering expanding the concept, Galaxy Tours takes fighters throughout different locations or galaxies from the aforementioned games. Players ride on the Starship Mario, which acts as the main form, to journey through various galaxies. A notable difference between this and the original Super Mario Galaxy games' galaxies is that the stages are not affected by the planetoids gravity, making characters fall in they leave the stage boundaries.
List of galaxies
The stage main feature is to travel to the many galaxies from the aforementioned Super Mario Galaxy games; this invariably drastically changes the stage into a different form. The order in which the galaxies are visited is set, with the main form coming right after a regular galaxy is visited. The order is the following:
- The main track is titled Good Egg Galaxy (sometimes titled Egg Planet) from Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack.
- The alternate music track is titled Gusty Garden Galaxy, a custom remix also coming from Super Mario Galaxy.
This stage is banned in tournament play. The stage itself is absolutely massive, making KOs significantly more difficult than they need to be, while giving an overwhelming advantage to characters with strong onstage games. There are also many platforms strewn about haphazardly, giving players many opportunities to camp or run the clock down. With that being said, the new redesign for the stage means that competitive play may be seen in the stage's future.
The overall concept of Galaxy Tours is taken from the fact Mario has to visit a wide arrange of multiple galaxies in both Super Mario Galaxy games in order to retrieve the stolen Power Stars; the more stars he retrieves, the further he is allowed to travel in the universe. In Super Mario Galaxy, Mario can visit a galaxy by entering a dome, he then gets launched to the selected galaxy. In Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario instead uses the Starship Mario to directly travel to the galaxy, he is then launched into it.
|This article/section contains information pertaining to unused content from games and similar media.|
This means it was never implemented into the game or was removed, cut or altered at some point of its development, and this article pertains to its original implementation.
- While Galaxy Tours currently has four locations confirmed, the original concept of the stage pitched in the early days of SSF2's development actually had more locations to be visited:
- As seen on the gallery above, sprite designs for Ghostly Galaxy and Honeyhive Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy, were released in the second Smash Flash DOJO!!!.
- On several SSF2 Mini-Trailers, a stage resembling the Battlerock Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy can be spotted several times.
- An early trophies' draft for stages included several unspecified designs. Given the semantic, some of these were presumably meant for Galaxy Tours, this includes a stage filled with green checkered square platforms that resembles Hurry Scurry Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy and an airship with a design very reminiscent to the ones found in Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel.
- There were rumours about Puzzle Plank Galaxy to be included in the compilatory following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2, though there is no evidence to support this.