- This article is about overall stage that transforms. For the main stage form, see Starship Mario.
Galaxy Tours in Super Smash Flash 2.
|Appearance||Super Smash Flash 2|
|Home stage for|
Galaxy Tours is a starter stage in Super Smash Flash 2 that functions as a compilation of various sub-stages from the games Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Similarly to Skyward Voyage but furthering expanding the concept, Galaxy Tours takes fighters throughout different locations or galaxies from the aforementioned games. Players ride on the Starship Mario, which acts as the main form, to journey through various galaxies. A notable difference between this and the original Super Mario Galaxy games' galaxies is that the stages are not affected by the planetoids gravity, making characters fall if they leave the stage boundaries.
List of galaxies
The stage main feature is to travel to the many galaxies from the aforementioned Super Mario Galaxy games; this invariably drastically changes the stage into a different form. The order in which the galaxies are visited is set, with the main form coming right after a regular galaxy is visited. The order is the following:
- The main track is titled Good Egg Galaxy (sometimes titled Egg Planet) from Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack.
- The alternate music track is titled Gusty Garden Galaxy, a custom remix also coming from Super Mario Galaxy. Arranged by Ema 194 Alvarado.
This stage is banned in tournament play. Though all five possible layouts are in themselves potentially viable, the random selection upon the match starting can easily be abused by players feigning the need to reset the match in order to get a different layout that would benefit themselves more, especially online.
It is also not repeatable in the case of a tie breaker, connection failure, or other reason a given match may genuinely need to be reset with the same characters and stage choice.
|This article/section may require some images.
Whether it is a new image or simply a higher quality update, upload the new file and add it into the article.
The overall concept of Galaxy Tours is taken from the fact Mario has to visit a wide arrange of multiple galaxies in both Super Mario Galaxy games in order to retrieve the stolen Power Stars; the more stars he retrieves, the further he is allowed to travel in the universe. In Super Mario Galaxy, Mario can visit a galaxy by entering a dome, he then gets launched to the selected galaxy. In Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario instead uses the Starship Mario to directly travel to the galaxy, he is then launched into it.
|This article/section contains information pertaining to unused content from games and similar media.
The subject was never implemented into the game or was removed, cut or altered at some point of its development, and this article pertains to its original implementation.
- While Galaxy Tours currently has four locations confirmed, the original concept of the stage pitched in the early days of SSF2's development actually had more locations to be visited:
- As seen on the gallery above, sprite designs for Ghostly Galaxy and Honeyhive Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy, were released in the second Smash Flash DOJO!!!.
- On several SSF2 Mini-Trailers, a stage resembling the Battlerock Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy can be spotted several times.
- An early trophy's draft for stages included several unspecified designs. Given the semantic, some of these were presumably meant for Galaxy Tours, this includes a stage filled with green checkered square platforms that resembles Hurry Scurry Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy and an airship with a design very reminiscent to the ones found in Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel.
- There were rumours about Puzzle Plank Galaxy to be included in the compilatory following the release of Super Mario Galaxy 2, though there is no evidence to support this.