|This article/section contains information pertaining to unused content from games and similar media.
The subject was never implemented into the game or was removed, cut or altered at some point of its development, and this article pertains to its original implementation.
Mario after becoming Fire Mario.
|Effect||Mario uses a Fire Flower to become Fire Mario, infusing his attacks with fire.|
When performed, Mario would take out and absorb the power of a Fire Flower, transforming him into Fire Mario. This would infusing his attacks with fire and making him stronger and faster. Fire Mario was one of the many Final Forms in the game, which meant that he had a different and more powerful moveset than normal Mario.
- Standard attack: Does an axe punch. 5%.
- Standard attack 2: Does an uppercut. 5%.
- Standard attack 3: Does an expanding toe kick. 5%.
- Standard attack 4: Shoots a flaming explosion at the enemy. 19%.
- Down tilt: Swipes his hand, sending out flames. 2 hits of 9% each. 18% total.
- Down smash: Slams down a huge hammer, causing flares to erupt from the ground. 15% uncharged, 41% fully charged. Meteor smashes aerial opponents diagonally powerfully.
- Forward tilt: Does Mega Punch. 9%.
- Forward smash: Same as Mario's, but with far greater range and power. 16% uncharged, 23% fully charged.
- Up tilt: A star uppercut reminiscent of Punch-Out!!. 14%.
- Up smash: End-of-level SMB fireworks. 15% uncharged, 34% fully charged.
- Dash attack: A fire-infused dive from SM64. Meteor smashes in mid-air. 13%
- Neutral aerial: Does a flaming sex kick. Propels Fire Mario forward a bit.
- Forward aerial: Does a spiking punch. Much faster than the original Mario's forward aerial.
- Back aerial: Does a back double-kick, infused with fire.
- Up aerial: Does a bicycle kick. Causes Fire Mario to raise slightly, similar to Wario-Man's aerials.
- Down aerial: Does a flaming drill kick. Drops fiery projectiles beneath Fire Mario.
- Grab: Reaches out with both arms.
- Pummel: Headbutts the victim. 2%
- Forward throw: Does a fire pitch.
- Back throw: Does a Super Hammer throw.
- Up throw: Does an erupting punch.
- Down throw: Does a subcon slam.
- Ledge attack: Punches directly after climbing. 7%
|Standard Special Move||Super Fireball / Mario Finale|
|Side special move||Golden Cape|
|Up special move||Flaming Jump Punch|
|Down special move||Firewall Tornado|
- Standard: Turns into a referee from Punch Out!! and waves one of his arms.
- Side: Same as standard.
- Down: Same as standard.
Fire Mario is a form in the Mario series that Mario takes after obtaining a Fire Flower. Originating in the original Super Mario Bros., this form is the most common of all of Mario's powered-up forms throughout the series, appearing in almost every Mario game featuring power-ups. It most often recolors Mario's clothing to white with red overalls and gives him the power to shoot fireballs. Contrary to its use in SSF2, the form generally has little other use beyond this, though it does Mario strength, speed, and even flight in The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!.
- Prior to v0.5a of the SSF2 Demo, Fire Mario used a completely different sheet. His standard combo was a seven-hit beat-down and all of his special moves were completely different. The Super Fireball did not release the Mario Finale at full charge (though he released a mini-version of the attack), his side special move was the Heat Shield rather than the Golden Cape and his down special move was the Fire Mario Eruption rather than the Firewall Tornado.
- Out of all of the removed content throughout the demos, Fire Mario has proven to be the most controversial. Fans commonly request his return, complaining that his absence detracts from SSF2's individual identity and makes it too much like a clone of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Despite these complaints, the developers have stated that he will not be returning.
|Standard special move||Fireball|
|Side special move||Cape|
|Up special move||Super Jump Punch|
|Down special move||Mario Tornado|
|Final Smash||Mario Finale|