A character, in the artistic point of view, refers to the person or other being that is part of a narrative work. There exists numerous characters in the McLeodGaming media, filling different roles according to the work play.
Characters in the Super Smash Flash series
In the Super Smash Flash series, characters can be sorted into playable and non-playable, which distinguishes whether characters can be used or not.
A playable character is the one whose actions are directly controlled by a player. They can be divided into starter and unlockable, which distinguishes whether characters can be played right away, or whether they need to be unlocked.
This is a list of the playable characters in the Super Smash Flash series. Shaded cells denote unlockable characters.
|This article/section contains information of a formerly confirmed feature.
The original source that confirmed the subject has otherwise become obsolete, outdated or deprecated and has yet to be re-confirmed by an official modern source.
These characters were part of the original roster for Super Smash Flash 2 that was scrapped during the game's development reboot. While some of them were removed entirely from the roster, it is unknown whether the rest will be in the game, which means this list should absolutely not be taken as a confirmation of their status as playable characters.
|Dark Riku||KINGDOM HEARTS|
|Diddy Kong||Donkey Kong|
|Solid Snake||Metal Gear|
|This article/section contains information pertaining to unused content.
The subject was never implemented or was removed, cut or altered at some point of its development, and this article pertains to its original implementation.
These are the characters that were completely removed from the playable roster for Super Smash Flash 2 and never managed to be incorporated as one.
The following are considered non-playable characters, those who cannot be controlled by the player. These include boss characters (which also includes mini-bosses) and enemy teams. Item characters, characters released from Assist Trophies, Pokémon released from Poké Balls, regular enemies, and background characters also fit in this category, but due to them coming in great numbers, they are not listed below. As many elements for SSF2 are still unknown, some could have been scrapped long ago, even if there was a confirmation in the past.
|Crazy Hand||Super Smash Bros.|
|Dr. Wily||Mega Man|
|Fighting Silhouette Team||Super Smash Bros.|
|Master Hand||Super Smash Bros.|
Characters in the Yeah Jam Fury series
Characters found in the Flash platform-action-puzzle series, Yeah Jam Fury, can also be sorted into the same two categories of playable and non-playable characters. Though the series is a collaboration between World Entertainment Studios and McLeodGaming, it has to be noted that all the characters can be considered original creations of the first one rather than the latter.
Like in the SSF series, the actions of these characters are directly controlled by a player, requiring to swap between them to reach the mango and clear the level. All of them appear in the original Yeah Jam Fury and its follow-up, Yeah Jam Fury: U, Me, Everybody!.
- Fury – The bulky djinn alter ego clad in red.
- Jam – The energetic djinn alter ego clad in blue.
- Yeah – The jolly djinn alter ego clad in yellow.
These characters conform the supporting cast of the YJF series.
- Mr. Bloo – A massive purple whale who blasts rainbow streams that first appeared in Yeah Jam Fury: U, Me, Everybody!.
- Mr. Snowman – A gigantic snow monster commanded by Ms. Carrot that first appeared in Yeah Jam Fury: U, Me, Everybody!.
- Mr. Super – A mysterious giant being who lurks in dark areas and whose big yellow eye is his only discernible part. He is the only non-playable character who appears in both games.
- Mr. Zane – The clerk of the Z-Mart that first appeared in Yeah Jam Fury: U, Me, Everybody!.
- Ms. Carrot – A mischievous ginger girl that first appeared in Yeah Jam Fury: U, Me, Everybody!.
Characters in other media
Outside the major Flash games series, Super Smash Flash and Yeah Jam Fury, there are other characters that have appeared in other works created by McLeodGaming, more commonly in Flash-animated shorts.
Characters in A Super Mario World
These are the characters that appear in the short-lived Flash-animated series, A Super Mario World. The appearance of some of the characters listed below predates even their first appearance in the SSF series.
- Bowser – The main antagonist of the Mario series and a major antagonist in A Super Mario World.
- Cloud Strife – A character from the FINAL FANTASY series, appearing under his KINGDOM HEARTS's incarnation, and the tritagonist of A Super Mario World.
- Doctor Eggman – The main antagonist of the Sonic series and a minor antagonist in A Super Mario World.
- Jigglypuff – A character from the Pokémon series and a cameo character in A Super Mario World.
- Knuckles the Echidna – A major character in the Sonic series and a minor antagonist in A Super Mario World.
- Link – The main protagonist of The Legend of Zelda and the deuteragonist in A Super Mario World.
- Luigi – A major character in the Mario series and a minor character in A Super Mario World.
- Mario – The main protagonist of the Mario series and A Super Mario World.
- Morton Koopa Jr. – A minor antagonist in the Mario series and A Super Mario World.
- Princess Peach – A major character in the Mario series and a minor character in A Super Mario World.
- Princess Zelda – A major character in the The Legend of Zelda and A Super Mario World.
- Riku – A major character in the KINGDOM HEARTS series and the true main antagonist in A Super Mario World. He appears in his Dark Mode form, Dark Riku.
- Sonic the Hedgehog – The main protagonist of the Sonic series and a minor antagonist in A Super Mario World. He is also able to transform into Super Sonic.
- Yoshi – A major character in the Mario series, the main protagonist of the Yoshi series and a cameo character in A Super Mario World.
Characters in School
- Mr. Hackensaw – The antagonist and main character of the 2005 horror comedy Flash short, School.
- Principal – A minor character and the principal of the Regal Valley High School.
- Student 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 – A group of young teenagers that attend classes in the Regal Valley High School.
- Brain – A character from World of Starcraft.
- ＣＬＥＯＤＢＯＴ – A recurring gag character used to promote Super Smash Flash 2.
- Sakuro – The main protagonist of the anime-influenced series, Animus.
- Sam - A character from Munchies: How to Buy a Car.
- Steve – A character from World of Starcraft.