- This article is about Bomberman's appearance in Super Smash Flash 2. For the character in other contexts, see Bomberman.
in Super Smash Flash 2
Bomberman currently ranks 9th on the current tier list. Bomberman has good combo potential, a solid air game, good air speed and kill moves in all of his smash attacks, a fully charged Bomb, his back and forward aerial. He has a unique projectile in his bombs which he can place up to nine bombs at a time on the stage. He can move the bombs around giving him good stage control. He has solid aerials that give good knockback. He has two chain grabs that can lead into bomb kills. The big hitbox on his head gives him good range when it comes to juggling. Jet pack gives him a good vertical recovery. Bomberman has decent mobility with a decent dashing speed, good air speed and the second fastest walking speed.
However, the big hitbox on Bombermans' head is also a big hurtbox and when combined with his falling speed makes him susceptible to combos, chain grabs and zero-to-death combos. His recovery covers a great vertical distance, but covers little horizontal distance. His bombs can be reflected which means his stage control can be countered. Outside of his head; his range is short and makes him vulnerable to characters wirth disjointed hitboxes.
Bomberman is good at stage control with his Bombs with being able to pull out three bombs of three different sizes and being able to use Bomb Kick to move them across the stage. He has a big hitbox in his head which makes him good at juggling his opponents. Jetpack gives him great vertical recovery. He can kill with all of his smash attacks, his forward throw, a fully charged bomb and his forward aerial. He has two chain grabs in his up and down throw which can help him set up bomb kills or racking up damage. He has a decent air game with his solid aerials.
However, the disadvantage of Bomberman's big head is that it also works as a big hurtbox which leads him to being easily combo'ed and chain grabbed because of it, his recovery gives little horizontal distance and his bombs can be reflected which can counter his stage control (however, each bomb needs to be reflected). He also has problems in his range which leaves him vulnerable to characters with disjointed hitboxes (ex. Sora and Meta Knight).
- Standard Attack 1: A left hook. 2%
- Standard Attack 2: A right hook. 2%
- Standard Attack 3: A headbutt. 5%
- Down Tilt: Sticks his foot out and slides forward. 9%
- Down Smash: Holds two bombs with his arms crossed, then throws them to the ground while doing a frontflip. 13% uncharged, 19% fully charged.
- Forward Tilt: Gets onto all fours and kicks forward with feet. Extremely similar to Sonic's forward tilt in appearance. 12%
- Forward Smash: Throws an extremely powerful punch. 16% uncharged, 21% fully charged. 41% if all three hits connect.
- Up Tilt: Kicks upward with one foot. 7%
- Up Smash: Uppercuts and causes an explosion. Has large knockback. 16% uncharged, 41% fully charged.
- Dash Attack: Runs for a split second, then trips and falls on his head. 9%
- Neutral Aerial: Sticks foot out. This attack is a kick. 10%
- Forward Aerial: Bashes forward with his head. 12%
- Back Aerial: Kicks backwards with both feet, then twists around. 10%
- Up Aerial: Smacks head upward while facing the camera, then flips. 11%
- Down Aerial: Does two stomps while using the foe as stairs. Great for combos. 5% per stomp. 10% if both hits connect.
- Grab: Sticks both arms out.
- Pummel: Bashes head into opponent. 2% per hit.
- Forward Throw: Pulls the foe in, then goes to push them and falls flat on his face. 10%
- Back Throw: Spins the foe around and then releases them over his shoulder, striking a pose. 14% Extremely high knockback.
- Up Throw: Spins the foe around and throws them diagonally. 6%
- Down Throw: Jumps up with the foe, then throws them down onto the ground and stomps on them soon after. 12%
- Ledge Attack: Jumps up from the ledge and sits down while sticking his legs out. 13% with high knockback.
- 100% Ledge attack: He climbs up and spins his body around while laying down. No hitbox or damage at the moment.
- Wakeup attack: Does a sweeping roundhouse kick. 8%
|Standard Special Move||Bomb|
|Side Special Move||Bomb Kick|
|Up Special Move||Jetpack|
|Down Special Move||Remote Detonate|
- Entrance: A small bomb explodes, which he hops out of.
- Neutral: Same as side.
- Down: Same as side.
- Side: Jumps up and fist pumps.
- Fanfare: Battle Mode - Victory Fanfare from Bomberman 64.
- Wins: Jumps one each foot once each and puts his hands on his side.
- Loses: Sadly claps to winner, while covered in ashes.
Role in The Flash Of Shadows
Unknown at the moment.