Ichigo's Final Smash.
|Effect||Ichigo transforms into his Bankai form, making him more powerful.|
Bankai (卍解) is Ichigo's Final Smash in Super Smash Flash 2. Ichigo uses the advanced Shinigami technique Bankai, which concentrates his spiritual energy by transforming his Zanpakutō into Tensa Zangetsu, significantly improving his speed, power, and stamina. Bankai Ichigo is one of the many Final Forms in the game, which means he is a totally different character to his normal form that can wander around with more powerful attacks and much better stamina. Ichigo's Bankai transformation envelops him in a dark whirlwind-like explosion that deals 18% damage and high knockback. It has the largest hitboxes caused by Final Form transformations.
Bankai Ichigo has one of the fastest dashes in the game — he can cross a flat area the size of Final Destination in no more than a second, much faster than Sonic's and even Super Sonic's. Ichigo's Bankai also grants him a floating ability and allows him to jump infinitely. This, coupled with his good aerials, makes Ichigo a less "slippery" character when it comes to controlling him in the air or jumping as well as performing aerial attacks. He has two aerials, his down and forward, that meteor smash and semi-spike opponents without any need of a sweet spot. However, his aerial attacks have a long start-up lag.
- Standard attack: Slashes vertically in front of him. 12%
- Standard attack 2: Slashes horizontally in front of him. 6%
- Standard attack 3: Moves forward slightly and does an 180-degree slash, hitting all enemies around him. The blade slows slightly when hitting backwards, making Ichigo prone to six o' clock (from the behind) counterattacks. Ichigo's arcing blade hits an opponent multiple times, but one hit will always deal the same amount of damage. 18%
- Down tilt: Slashes horizontally while crouching. 5%
- Down smash: Lifts his sword in the air, then thrusts it into the ground, releasing a wide blast of Hollow energy. Similar in appearance to normal Ichigo's down smash, but black in color and with a much larger ground range. 12% uncharged, 22% fully charged.
- Side tilt: Slashes vertically above his head with his sword in an arc. 12%
- Forward smash: Slashes vertically from up to down. Very powerful in terms of knockback. Uncharged, 17% uncharged, 24% fully charged.
- Up tilt: Stabs with his sword in front of him diagonally upwards. Despite the sword going upwards, opponents can still be hit if they are standing in front of Ichigo, even if the blade does not come close to touching them. 8%
- Up smash: A stronger but (only slightly) slower version of his up tilt. Massive knockback. 15% uncharged, 21% fully charged.
- Dash attack: Slashes forward in a short distance. This attack is fast and the slash is the same as his forward tilt. 12%
- Neutral aerial: Slashes horizontally in front of him. 10%
- Forward aerial: Slashes horizontally to downward swiftly, the blade adapting a hammer-like motion as it goes downwards. This move semi-spikes enemies diagonally when the blade goes downwards. Very fast, and the Meteor Smash is usually lethal when used offstage. The aerial causes Ichigo to slightly levitate off the ground as he executes it, and the speed of his move means he could effortlessly spam this aerial when off the stage, making it one of Bankai Ichigo's most integral KO moves. 11%
- Back aerial: Slashes vertically above his head with his sword in a complete 180-degree front-to-backward arc while turning backwards. Very good vertical knockback. 11%
- Up aerial: Same as his Up Smash/Tilt. Rather poor range for juggling, but more than enough upwards knockback power to make up for it. 11%
- Down aerial: Briefly teleports, halting his falling momentum and slashes downwards with his sword in a wide arc. This move is an extremely powerful meteor smash and is very effective in using to fatally meteor smash opponents off the stage. Great finisher/spammer due to its speed, large hitbox, and how Ichigo halts in midair when using it. 16%
- Grab: Reaches out a hand out to grab. Not very good grab range, but it lasts a last time and hapless opponents can run into it and be grabbed.
- Pummel: Slashes, very fast pummel. 5% first hit, 4% all proceeding hits.
- Forward throw: Slashes opponent forwards; identical to forward smash. 12%
- Up throw: Stabs opponent into the air; identical to forward smash. 9%
- Back throw: Yanks the opponent behind him and uses a backwards version of his Forward Throw. 14%
- Down throw: Stabs his sword into the ground and exposes the victim to a powerful blast of spiritual energy; identical to his down smash but it does not meteor smash nor hit any other opponents despite the wide blast range. 9%
|Standard special move||Kuroi Getsuga|
|Side special move||Yami Shunpō|
|Up special move||Tenburenjin|
|Down special move||Multislash|
- Standard: Floats in midair and says: Omae o kiru ze (「お前を斬るぜ。」, I'll cut you).
- Side: Same as standard.
- Down: His hollow mask grows on his face and he begins to laugh, but rips it off before he does.
- Special abilities:
- Wins (while in this form): Holds his sword sideways at hip level and stands on the ground with his back turned to the camera, looking over his shoulder as the lower "cape" of his outfit blows in the wind. This is the same stance that Ichigo took when he first used his Bankai in the Bleach anime.
- Loses (while in this form): Gasps for breath while on his knees. This is the same animation that occurs when Bankai Ichigo's shield breaks, leaving him stunned.
The "hollow charge" is both a technique and an effect in Super Smash Flash 2 involving Bankai Ichigo and the uncharged and charged variants of his standard special move - his Kuroi Getsuga and his fully charged Kuroi Getsuga, respectively. Normally, on the ground, Ichigo will not be able to move whilst executing the attack, making him prone to counterattacks and easy shielding/dodging the attack projectile itself. But when Ichigo uses his special in the air and touches the ground while still in its animation, he would be able to "move" across the ground via sliding, and can go back and forth without actually turning around.
This technique is very useful when used correctly. Ichigo's standard moves in his Bankai form - particularly his Augmented Getsuga Tenshō - has extreme power but very low priority. A long-charged AGT can easily be completely absorbed by an opponent's simple shield. When using a hollow charge while using an AGT or KG, the wall of hollow energy that surrounds Ichigo as he executes the attack will knock away any opponents in its path, allowing them to be distracted or stunned too late for the actual attack to hit. There are two variants of the hollow charge - direct and inwarp.
A direct charge simply involves Ichigo directly "sliding" towards the enemy while using his ATG/KG. It's very simple and useful in butting enemies far enough off a stage so that the attack has a good chance of KO'ing them, or covering area across a large stage to prevent opponents from having enough time to shield, or to cover distance if Ichigo's final form bar is running low, or both.. But beware when using a direct charge with ATG; if the opponent is hit and knocked under by Ichigo's hollow aura, he/she can tech or be knocked out of range from the augmented wave, wasting the attack and its precious charge time.
A inwarp charge is a more advanced technique that usually requires more than one enemy to work. Ichigo will have to have target(s) both in front and behind him. Then, use the technique but have Ichigo slide backwards instead of forwards - the aura from Ichigo will knock targets from behind in front of him most of the time, depending on their damage. The following ATG/KG will blow them away.
- In previous versions of the SSF2 Demo, Bankai Ichigo used a slightly different moveset. Prior v0.2a, Bankai Ichigo used an uncharged form of the Getsuga Tenshō as his Down Special Move rather than the Multislash.
- In the Lunar Core, if Bankai Ichigo is struck by the red laser beams that would occasionally shoot across the stage, he will flash like an X-Ray as the beams electrocute him, showing his bones. He is the only character in that form that shows this effect.
- When set on fire, Bankai Ichigo would be completely enveloped in a giant ember instead of just letting off puffs of fire.
|Standard special move||Getsuga Tenshō|
|Side special move||Engetsuzan|
|Up special move||Kōtei-ki Tōshin|
|Down special move||Gazan|
|Final Smash||Bankai Ichigo|